Legion members care deeply about supporting the men and women who serve this country and want to make a difference in the lives of Veterans, contribute to our communities, and Remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our Country. When you join the Legion, you support the many services we offer to Veterans, serving military, RCMP, and their families.
Annual Membership Renewal:
The annual membership renewal campaign begins each year on Sept 1 and ends Dec 31. Renew your membership starting with the ‘Early Bird Campaign’ from Sep 1 to Nov 30. The Legion goal is 75% of memberships renewed during the ‘Early Bird Campaign’.
Did you know, that you could pre pay your membership for up to 5 years? If this interests you, drop into the branch and check out your options.
Key milestones to note: As of Jan 1 each year those not renewed are in arrears; As ofJan 31 each year those not renewed are ‘not in good standing’; As of Feb 6 each year, Legion Magazine subscriptions are cancelled for those not renewed. Avoid any disruption in membership services and don’t miss an issue of the Legion magazine by renewing memberships before Dec 31!
The Branch and It’s members:
Our mission to serve veterans, which includes serving military and RCMP members and their families, to promote remembrance and to serve our communities and our country can only happen with a healthy and active membership. Membership participation in our branch activities, attendance at our general meetings and participation on our various committees all help tp keep our branch healthy. Has a member you can help, find the committee or activity you enjoy or feel passionate about and participate.
VOLUNTEER FOR THE BRANCH TODAY
Volunteers are always welcome to assist the branch with:
- Visits to Veterans Wing of the Miramichi Senior’s Home: Visits occur every sixth week on a schedule. We deliver light snacks and visit each vet for a short chat and thank you for their service.
- Poppy Campaign:
- Volunteers for distribution of Poppies and collection of donations are needed through out the campaign from the last Friday in Oct thru to 11 Nov.
- Volunteers also required for presentations to schools during the campaign on the importance of keeping the Act of Remembrance Alive.
- Volunteers also needed to distribute, collect and judge for Youth Poster and Literary Contests.
- Remembrance Day Ceremony: Volunteers are required to take part in the ceremony. As well as to help plan, organize, set up and take down the Ceremony.
- Entertainment committee: Help plan and organize events, work at the door and bus tables, etc.
- Other committee work; Membership, Sick and Visiting, Youth.
Application for Membership
Click here for more information about becoming a member.
Visit the Provincial Command’s Membership Page.
Or contact our branch at: (506) 622-1809